Friday, September 12, 2008

FOOTBALL!!!

FOOTBALL!!!

 

I thoroughly enjoy football season. I enjoy watching teams do the unexpected. I enjoy spending time with friends at games, or watching games at home. I enjoy returning to Notre Dame. I enjoy walking the campus after a football weekend with my fiancee. 

As I am watching the USF-Kansas game I keep thinking of a “great” movie. It is the “Best of Times” starring Robin Williams and Kurt Russell. It is about small town football. A great watch for anyone who understands how a small town can live or die with its football team.

There are several great quotes from the movie… here are a few…

Reno Hightower – “She's gonna leave me as soon as I fix her car.

Colonel – “Jack, Jack, Jack, I don’t have time for this personal descent into madness! I’m a busy maaannn. I’ve got to run the bank, and the Bakersfield booster club, you probably heard, I’m president of the potato bowl this year.”

Jack Dundee- “It’s that time of year again.  When the first leaf of autumn falls forlornly to the barren ground below.”

Reno Hightower – “By the way, did you know in the case of all out nuclear war that Taft, California is the safest place in America?  It’s because of the winds.

You can often find this gem for $9-$10. It also appears on TV every so often if you don't want to take the risk. 


GO IRISH!

No comments: